Unable to synchronize between PC and Android version

Discussions about the smartphone versions
drivera

Unable to synchronize between PC and Android version

Post by drivera »

Hi!

I'm able to download my logs from my dive computer into the PC version, where I do a little tweaking on the dives (add location, partner, other tidbits), and then use the Synchronization function to make them available for the Android app.

However, the Android app now seems to be dependent on an XML file that the PC version does not generate nor update. Thus, the Android app doesn't see any updated logs to download.

Furthermore, I've been observing a lot of issues like "missing required parameter refresh_token" or "Expired the number of anonymous requests" and things of that nature - despite me having logged into Drive and Dropbox. I'll get you some screenshots the next time I see them.

For now, I'm curious as to why the sync from PC to phone broke and if/how it can be fixed.

Thanks!
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Unable to synchronize between PC and Android version

Post by divinglog »

Hi

The XML file was always necessary and will be generated if you use the build-in sync functions from the "Web" toolbar menu:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?p=2089

If there are any problems, delete the "Divelog" folder in your cloud drive and upload again from the PC.

You can also sync via USB:

https://www.divinglog.de/blog/?page_id=2024

Let me know if you have still problems.
Paulec

Post by Paulec »

I am having the same problem. I have uploaded the file from my PC to dropbox, one drive and google drive.
Trying to download from any of them to my 2 android devices does not update my dives. I have uploaded the file from an android device to Google drive but this makes no difference.
As per your suggestion I deleted the file from dropbox. However uploading to dropbox again from PC fails to add the file to dropbox.
I then used a USB cable to sync to my tablet. Then I uploaded the file to dropbox from my tablet which added the file to my dropbox account. I was then able to download the updated file to my phone.
So there seems to be a problem uploading to dropbox and one drive from the PC version of the app.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

The Windows Version of Diving Log does not upload the files, they are copied to the local Dropbox (OneDrive...) folder and the sync client will do the upload. If it does not work, make sure the Dropbox/OneDrive client is installed and the folder is correctly configured by clicking the gear icon: