Iphone Diving Log to PC Sync problem

Discussions about the smartphone versions
socaldiver

Iphone Diving Log to PC Sync problem

Post by socaldiver »

Hi there,

I've been using your software for a while and recently, I have been unable to use the wifi function to download my dives from the phone app.

Before you link me to your help page, here's what I've done. Re-downloaded Itunes (from apple, not windows). re-installed Bonjour. I have restarted the computer, router, phone, and my even my damn fridge and microwave. I do not have Avast or AVG blocking it. I have McAfee and even if I open it, it doesn't work. yes, I'm on the same Wifi-network.

When I try downloading my dives from my phone to the pc app, everything goes well and then it gets stuck in "converting" mode and it can be there for days if I let it. What gives? I haven't done anything new to my computer and it's been giving me grief for well over a month now.

Very frustrating. What do you suggest? I don't use dropbox or google drive. I would like to use the function that this application advertises it can do.

Please advise.

I decided to jump to the next stage where you will ask me for my screen capture. Here is it.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-02-12 195030.png
Screenshot 2023-02-12 195030.png (136.03 KiB) Viewed 6739 times
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Iphone Diving Log to PC Sync problem

Post by divinglog »

When it is stuck at the "Converting" stage, I think there might be a problem with the logbook data from the iPhone. The transfer seem to work fine, it's the import that's failing. But from the screenshot it even looks like the import is working.

Can you send me your Windows desktop logbook (*.mdb) and your iPhone logbook (*.sql). You can retrieve your iPhone logbook by clicking the "Backup" button in the Screenshot above. It should be clickable when you do not have an active sync running.
AlexisOrtega

Post by AlexisOrtega »

Ich hatte diese Art von Fehler noch nie.
socaldiver

Post by socaldiver »

divinglog wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:58 When it is stuck at the "Converting" stage, I think there might be a problem with the logbook data from the iPhone. The transfer seem to work fine, it's the import that's failing. But from the screenshot it even looks like the import is working.

Can you send me your Windows desktop logbook (*.mdb) and your iPhone logbook (*.sql). You can retrieve your iPhone logbook by clicking the "Backup" button in the Screenshot above. It should be clickable when you do not have an active sync running.
This is really frustrating. I can't click on the "back up" button without having a sync going on simultaneously. It's still not working. It worked one time and then again, it stopped working. It's just stuck on the "converting" stage and just doesn't move from there. I have a Shearwater Perdix Ai.

Any other ideas before I completely give up?
gregm

Post by gregm »

When it is stuck at the "Converting" stage, I think there might be a problem with the logbook data from the iPhone. The transfer seem to work fine, it's the import that's failing. But from the screenshot it even looks like the import is working.
This does look like it's an Import problem and not strictly a "WiFi Sync" problem. If you can send *us* your mdb file and your phone logbook file, we'll duplicate your situation and see what we can figure out. You can Email us at support AT moremobilesoftware DOT com. We can use Sven's Diving Log to try the WiFi sync ourselves.

In order to Export your current logbook file on your phone, do the following:
- navigate to the "Synchronize" tab
- tap the row that says "Export"
- tap the row that says "Export active logbook"
- give it a name and then tap Export
- you have the option of saving it in any cloud service you choose, but for simplicity I suggest just using iCloud Drive. Pick a folder or destination in the file chooser interface and then tap "Save" in the upper right hand corner. Wait for it to finish.
- now exit out of Dive Log, and open up the "Files" App on your phone. If you are on the "Recents" tab at the bottom, you should already see your logbook file with a ".sql" extension. Otherwise you can "Browse" and navigate to the place you saved the logbook.
- tap the logbook file. At the bottom left you should see the "Share" icon - tap it
- select "Mail" and then email to the address shown above.

Sorry for all the troubles and inconvenience. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions about the above.
Thanks,
Janice/Greg at More Mobile Software